The medieval historic center boasts prestigious sacred buildings such as the cathedral of Santa Maria Assunta , the church of San Fortunato and the convent of San Giovanni Battista . Outside the walls is the famous Renaissance church of Santa Maria della Consolazione . In the Cathedral of the Santissima Annunziata there is a painting by Ferraù da Faenza , inspired by Michelangelo, called The Last Judgment. In the crypt there is a museum.
In the crypt of the church of San Fortunato there is a tomb of 4 saints (including San Cassiano) and, on one wall of the wall, an oval with the frescoed image of the blessed Jacopone da Todi. Also of interest is the fortress, which with its 411 m asl is the highest point in the city. The fortress was built by the will of Pope Gregory IX in 1373. For its construction it was necessary to demolish some buildings in the surrounding area (the monastery of San Leucio and some private houses in the "Borgo di San Giorgio"). After several years, in 1503, it was demolished by the will of Ludovico degli Atti
- The Civic Museum , located on the top floor of the Palazzi del Popolo and del Capitano, restored in 1997, has a collection of numismatics, archeology, textiles, ceramics, as well as an art gallery;
- the Lapidary Museum of the city of Todi, at the Polo Museale delle Lucrezie, where a collection of stone materials from the Roman, medieval and modern age is preserved, among the oldest in Umbria;
- in Piazza del Popolo where we can visit: the Palazzo del Popolo, the Palazzo del Capitano, the Palazzo dei Priori, the Palazzo Vescovile: finished construction in 1593 on the order (and financed) of the bishop Angelo Cesi, who had his coat of arms placed on it on the door, coat of arms attributed to Vignola. Beyond the entrance you enter an internal courtyard, while on the first floor there is a hall frescoed by Ferraù da Faenza, known as il Faenzone, in 1594, and a gallery frescoed by Andrea Polinori, completed in 1629).
- the San Cassiano prison,
- the Roman niches (located in the square of the old market, so called because of the market that was held in this square since 1819), a Roman construction with a base of 48 mx 11 m; according to some hypotheses, it would be a temple dedicated to Mars),
- cisterns and tunnels,
- a triple circle of defensive walls:
The third circle of walls, as evidenced by the local history, was completed in 1244; it has reached the present day almost intact thanks to various restoration interventions and for defensive needs. The third circle of walls is about 4 km long and is equipped with doors with buttresses and bastions. The ports are named after the cities of destination:
- Porta Perugina;
- Porta Romana;
- Porta Amerina;
- Porta Fratta;
- Porta Santa Margherita or della Consolazione, at the relative Temple, demolished;
- Porta Orvietana, collapsed, however, some remains remain;
- Porta Cupa, collapsed.
- Free Door;
- Golden Gate;
- Porta Catena or di Sant'Antonio, so called for the access protection chains.
The first circle of walls dates back to the Umbrian-Roman period; remains of it mainly near the Porta Marzia , had some changes in the seventeenth century. Another series of walls can be admired near the Lower Valley (also known as the Lucrezie), locally called the Etruscan wall (improperly, because it was actually built in Roman times - this work is one of the most impressive Roman works of Todi). They have two tunnels (lower and upper), built for hydraulic purposes and still functioning.
A theater (established by a municipal resolution in 1868), which the architect from Arezzo, Carlo Gatteschi , took part in the construction. The theater was built by demolishing the surrounding houses and completed in 1872. Annibale Brugnoli painted the curtain of the theater with a scene depicting the arrival of Ludovico Ariosto , in Todi in 1531); Palazzo Landi Corradi (on the façade there is the travertine portal attributed to Vignola, it was the seat of a seminary and was restored in 1954 on the initiative of Bishop Alfonso Maria De Santis)