At the foot of a conical mountain and on the shore of the lake sl which gives its name, there is Piediluco, a small town that is organized along the Salvati course.
Piediluco lake is the largest in the plateau and the second in Umbria, second only to Trasimeno. It has a maximum depth of 19 meters and has a very irregular shape. On the bank opposite to Piediluco, Mount Caperno rises on a peninsula.
Among the major monuments to visit in Piediluco we find:
- Church of the Majesty , near the Old Cemetery;
- Palazzo Comunale , Palazzo Poiani, Palazzo del Podestà;
- Church of S. Maria del Colle , in Romanesque style, of which the ruins and the bell tower remain;
- Ruins of the church of S. Ermete ;
- Church and convent of S. Francesco , built in memory of the saint's visit;
- Villalago , a villa built in neoclassical style by Baron Eugenio Franchetti and embellished by a large park;
- Ruins of the Rocca ;
Among the most important events we remember the traditional Water Festival , which between June and July celebrates the summer solstice with competitions, games, shows and music, bringing fun and joy to one of the most beautiful lakes in central Italy.
For more information visit the website: www.festadelleacque.it